Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Annie's

One trip to that four letter giant (i…k….e…a) and I found my self with lots of empty planters and absolutely nothing to plant. Now, I know this isn’t a garden blog per se, but if we’re spending time and money on fab design, why not invest in a few knock out plants to accent all we’ve worked so hard to achieve?

But then I realized that if you live in a city like I do, there are very limited options for live plants other than those half dead, highly toxic things they sell at Home Depot.

I’ve been obsessing over Annie’s, a California based nursery that specializes in Rare, unusual annuals & perennial plants, including cottage garden heirlooms & hard to find California native wildflowers. Genius! Plants are lovingly cultivated, come with snappy descriptions and care instructions and are generally tres affordable (most plants are between $4.95-$8.95 a piece).

And fear not, there are lots of great apartment dweller options. My personal favorites:

How about great basil for the kitchen windowsill?




Or amazing succulents for that terrarium you’ve been thinking about?




No comments: