Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hiding

It’s no secret to those who know me that I get cool kid envy. And this time- it’s bad. The amazingly clever, super talented kids at Something’s Hiding In Here are my new current internet based crush. Based in Philly this dynamic duo keeps turning out pieces each more amazing than the next. Also, they live in the most amazing kick ass loft- and I not-so-secretly covet loft living.

Reasons why I heart SHIH:

1. Their paint by number states. Sheer genius. I’ve already contacted them and am getting my state just as soon as I can make up my mind: wisco or Illinois? Tough call. This whole repurposing paint by numbers is a trend I’m really warming up to. I’ve long toyed with the idea of blowing up a giant paint by numbers and doing a whole wall in my kitchen, but that’s a post for another day.




2. Um, plaster logs? Hell yes! I’d paint the interior of my non-existent, yet highly desired fireplace fuchsia and fill it with stacks of white logs. *sigh*




3. I’m also a sucker for great organization, because let’s face it- my organizational skills are not quite where they should be. I love this idea for fabrics, wallpapers, and paints…all perfectly uniform and super sturdy. Brilliant!



4. I’m not sure why this one is so amazing, but I love it so. It seems to me to be one of the cuter hostess gifts you could ever bring someone! I’ve gotta get on bringing their work into the store.



There are nearly limitless ideas and highly inspirational items over on their flickr site, I strongly encourage clicking through!

No comments: